Higher Education Loans Board (HELB) has opened the application portal for 2021/2022 academic year that will allow the 2020 KCSE Candidates to apply for their education loans.
How To Apply For The HELB Undergraduate First Time Loan
This is an online process that requires candidates to submit their applications online since the Board has moved away from paper work. The following steps are important when making your application online;
- Log into the HELB Portal at http://www.helb.co.ke to register
- Fill completely the HELB Financial Literacy guide
- Log into your account and click on the first time undergraduate loan application link
- Fill in the 2021/2022 first time undergraduate loan application form
- After filling the form, print the duly filled form in the print section
- Make sure the form has been filled by the relevant authorities including the guarantors, stamped and signed
- Make sure that you attach the required documents as indicated in the checklist in the last page of the Loan Application Form.
- Present a single copy to the bank of choice through which your money will be channeled to so that it can be sent to the HELB headquarters in Nairobi. Alternatively, you can drop your copy directly to the HELB headquarters at anniversary towers.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR FIRST TIME APPLICATION
Together with your application form, the following documents must be submitted too to the headquarters.
- A copy of the applicant’s national ID Card
– Copies of the parents’ national ID Card/ Death certificate where the parent is deceased
- Guarantors’ nation ID copies
– Applicant’s admission letter and KCSE result slip/certificate
- A copy of the applicant’s Bank ATM ( Only for government sponsored students)
– A copy of the applicant’s smart card from the institution
- One recent coloured passport size photograph of the applicant