The Kenya National Examinations Council (KNEC) will be conducting training for teachers to prepare them to become examiners for Kenya Certificate of Primary Education (KCPE) and Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE).
The training will take place between 3rd and 9th October 2021.
The venue for training will be communicated to the qualified applicants at a later date. The training exercise will be residential.
Despite the fact that teachers have fought for decentralization of training venues, the KNEC has once again centralized the training and will carry it out in Nairobi.
Therefore, if you wish to train as a knec examiner, you will have to travel to Nairobi to start the training on 4th.
Reporting date being on 3rd, some members may have not received the invitation message and yet they paid the training fees.
Therefore, if you paid ands you were not invited, just present yourself at the venue and show them the payment message so that they can fix you for a training since the3 system may have forgotten you, lest you will follow up the training fees for long with no avail.
The shortlisted applicants were notified on how they will pay the training fee of Kshs 10,500.
The successful trainees will be incorporated into KNEC examiners database. KNEC will thereafter engage such examiners using the criteria for recruiting examiners based on the needs.
Teachers who are already trained as examiners and are in the KNEC database of the examiners need not to apply for the training.
TRAINING FOR KCPE EXAMINERS 2021
Primary school teachers to train as KCPE examiners in the following papers;
S/N KCPE PAPER NAME KCPE PAPER CODE
1 English Composition 901/1
2 Kiswahili Insha 902/1
TRAINING FOR KCSE EXAMINERS 2021
Secondary school teachers to train as KCSE examiners in the following papers;
S/N KCSE PAPER NAME KCSE PAPER CODE
1 English 101/1, 101/2
2 Kiswahili 102/1, 102/2
3 Biology 231/1, 231/2, 231/3
4 Chemistry 233/2, 233/3
5 History and Government 311/1, 311/2
6 Christian Religious Education 313/1, 313/2
7 Agriculture 443/1, 443/2
General criteria for all the trainee examiners
1. Must be a practicing teacher in the relevant subject areas at the level of examination.
2. Must be registered and/or employed by the Teachers Service Commission (TSC).
3. Have a minimum qualification of P1 for KCPE examination with a minimum of a C (plain) at KCSE level in the subject they are applying to train.
4. Must have a Diploma in Education and above for KCSE marking.
5. Have a minimum teaching experience of three (3) years.
6. Must NOT be on interdiction or any other form of disciplinary action from the TSC.
7. Must be recommended by his/her head of institution and
8. Must be 50 years of age and below.
Applicants are required to do the following
1. Access the Knec examiners portal using the link https://examinersapp.knec.a. c.ke
2. Those with Cp2 accounts and passwords, should log in to the portal using their usernames and passwords.
3. Those without passwords should click on reset password button and enter their mobile number in the format 2547******** and submit to get their usernames and passwords.
4. Those without Cp2 account, click on create account and follow the instructions to create your profile.
5. Upon successful log in, complete your personal profile and save. On the dashboard click on apply for training and all the declared vacancies will be available for the trainees to chose.
The training slots are limited and only qualified teachers who have uploaded all the required details will be considered.