A wave of school fires in the country has left parents and other education stakeholders demanding solutions from the government.
Kenya is witnessing a spike in the cases of unrest in schools, with more than 31 learning institutions having been burnt down this term alone.
A number of schools have been closed down after dormitories, classrooms and laboratories were torched and in some instances, learners left nursing injuries.
Where the property has been destroyed, parents will be forced to fork out money to help facilitate the reconstruction of the infrastructure.
Here is a list of schools that have been burnt down from August 2021.
1. Buruburu Girls High School
2. Ofafa Jericho
1. Kambaa Girls High School
2. Kijabe Boys High School
1. Gitweku Girls Secondary School in Kahuro
2. Mbugiti Boys High School
3. Kahuhia Girls National School
1. Kanjuri High School
2. Karima Boys High School
1. St. Luke’s Boys High school Kimilili
1. Sigalame High School
2. Namboboto secondary school
1. Vihiga Boys Secondary School
2. Chavakali High School
1. Ringa Boys High School
2. Gendia Boys High School
1. Osingo Mixed Secondary School
2. St Peters Abwao Secondary School
1. Dr Krapf Memorial School
2. Malindi High School
1. Moi High School Kabarak
1. Kibirigwi Girls High School
1. Moi Girls High School Marsabit
1. St. Johns Nyamagwa Boys High School in Kisii
2. Amasago Boys Secondary
3. Amabuko Secondary School
Uasin Gishu County
1. Kipkabus Boys High
Tharaka Nithi County
1. Kajiunduthi Secondary School
2. Kiriani Boys’ High School
3. Muthambi Boy’s High School
1. Kabolecho Secondary School