The teachers service commission yesterday advertised 1950 internship teaching vacancies for both primary and secondary school teachers.
Based on the experience from the recently concluded (July )mass employment exercise, the commission noted that some individuals apply for the same positions even without meeting the requirements.
This has forced the commission to clarify on the following category of teachers who MUST not waste their time and bundles in applying for the recently advertised posts.
These category include:
1. Those teachers with fake degree certificates.
2. Those who do not meet the minimum required threshold for TSC recruitment consideration as indicated in yesterday’s advert
3. Those who had previously been employed , dismissed and removed from the teacher register by the commission.
4 Those who do not meet the TSC teaching subjects requirements.
5. Those who miss in the graduation list from their respective universities.
6.Those who have differing names on their academic documents.
As a result of the above missing links, the commission has asked recruiting panels to be more keen during interviews.
They have equally been asked to subject the applicants’ documents to serious scrutiny so as to avoid scenarios where undeserving applicants are given the TSC jobs as the deserving ones are left out.
The teachers who will commit the above illegalities knowingly will be disqualified and shall receive regret letters from the commission.
The Commission again come out with strict recruitment guidelines to be observed during employment exercise which include the following.
In addition, every applicant must present original and legible photocopies of the following documents:
- National Identification Card.
2. CPE/KCPE certificates.
3. KCSE certificates including first attempt certificate if one repeated examinations
4. Degree/diploma Certificates and official transcripts
5. Primary and Secondary Schools leaving certificates.
6. A sworn affidavit to be availed where names on the submitted documents differ .
The selection panel shall shall subject all candidates to a vetting exercise to ensure that each applicant to meets the above guidelines