As many students make it to campus, many of them wonder which kind of documents and items are needed once they get to there. On the eve of reporting and admission, many students get confused and may at some point forget important documents at home which are meant to facilitate their admission process. In this article, we are going to delve into the necessary documents and other items that are fundamental during the admission day and your entire campus life.
Some of the items that we are going to list in this document, there is no officer who is going to check to ascertain that the documents and items are available apart from those documents you must carry for purposes of registration.
ADMISSION VERIFICATION DOCUMENTS YOU MUST CARRY
- COPY OF BIRTH CERTIFICATE
- COPY OF EDUCATIONAL CERTIFICATE (BOTH KCPE AND KCSE)
- IDENTITY CARD
- BANK FEE PAYMENT SLEEP
- ADMISSION LETTER
As much as the university you have been admitted offers accommodation for all the first year students, they don’t offer you with the beddings.
Therefore this means that you have to carry the items together with you for your safety.
The following items are necessary for your own good.
- Blankets, Duvet and Pillows are very important. Choose these items wisely depending on the prevailing whether in your campus location since some parts of the country are warm, hot or cold.
– High Density Mattress. Make sure you carry one if you intend to stay outside campus, otherwise, you will be provided with the mattress once you are given accommodation.
- Clothe hangers
TYPES OF CLOTHING YOU SHOULD CARRY
In campus, none will restrict you on the type of clothing you should put on. Therefore, its your choice to carry any of the clothes that you deem fit for you. The following below are clothings that one needs to have in his/her wardrobe;
- Casual Clothes- This may include but not limited to; T-shirts, Shirts, Pullovers, Skirts, Jumpers, Trousers, Jackets, etc. Make sure that in your wardrobe, you don’t miss jeans and Khaki Trousers and even seat pants since they are trendy among the university students.
2. Underwear Pants- I recommend that you buy the latest fashion of under wears like VIP which will accord you respect even if they are tucked outside.
3. Socks- Carry more pairs of socks to avoid repeating on the same socks which will make your feet smelly.
4. Bras for ladies
5. Slippers – If you are intending to stay outside school, you may need to buy two pairs of slippers. This will cater for a friend who may come to visit you in your house, either your boyfriend or girlfriend.
6. Shoes – Make sure that you carry a good number of shoes. This will save your pairs of shoes from getting worn out easily. Carry the latest fashion of shoes like boots, the official wear, and even the latest fashion of sneakers. This will make you trendy and will even give an upper hand of winning souls if you are a man.
- Toothbrush and Toothpaste
2. Bathing Soap, choose the one with the sweetest fragrance
3. Washing soap and powder, both the soapy and soap less detergents.
5. Tissue Rolls
6. Sanitary Towels for ladies
7. Washing Buckets
8. Hair Comb
9. Hand Mirror
10. Shower Cap for ladies
- PENS AND PENCILS
- EXERCISE BOOKS FOR COPYING NOTES ( At least five)
- Note Book
ELECTRONIC GADGETS YOU MUST HAVE
- Laptop or Desktop for your research and assignments
- Smartphone and charger for communication purposes and getting connected with your colleagues on your class WhatsApp groups.
- Headphones for entertainment. In campus if you listen music on loud speaker, you are deemed primitive
OTHER ITEMS TO CARRY
- Travelling Bag for carrying books, laptop and other items when going to class
- Umbrella for sheltering during rainy season
- BIRTH CONTROL PILLS. The rate at which campus students are enjoying the forbidden fruit is very high. Therefore many ladies will get pregnant in first year if they don’t get the birth control pills.
The above items are very important but one should not carry all the items right from home since you will have a heavy baggage. Therefore, its advisable to buy all some of these items once you get to school.