The Teachers Service Commission has announced 1,995 teacher internship slots to fill the gap left by the teachers absorbed to the service under permanent and pensionable terms. Of the total vacancies 1,038 will be for primary schools while 957 will be reserved for secondary schools.
The one Year (12 Months) program targets unemployed TSC registered teachers across the country.
The TSC interns attached to primary schools will be eligible for a monthly stipend of Ksh 15,000 while those attached to secondary schools will Pocket Ksh. 20,000 Monthly.
Upon successful Completion of the Internship program, the interns will be awarded a certificate by the employer. The Certificate is significant as it makes the interns to stand out when TSC is recruiting tutors under PnP terms.
AVAILABLE SLOTS NATIONWIDE
To qualify an applicant must at the time of application meet the following basic requirements.
1. Be a Kenyan citizen.
2. Must be a registered teacher with the Teachers Service Commission
3. Be a holder of a P1 Certificate for Primary school teachers and a minimum of a Diploma in Education Certificate for Secondary school teachers.
4. Have original academic and professional certificates.
5. Should not have been in previous employment with the Teachers Service Commission as teacher on permanent terms.
6. Be ready to be posted to any public educational Institution in Kenya.
7. Must have a Personal Accident insurance to cover for personal risks during the internship period.
1. A copy of the National identity Card (ID) or Passport.
2. A copy of teacher Registration Certificate/print out from Teachers Service Commission online portal as evidence of registration a teacher.
3. A copy o National Council for Persons with Disability (NCPWD) Card (where applicable).
4. A valid certificate of good conduct.
5. Two (2) colored passport size photographs.
6. A copy of National Heath insurance Fund (NHIF) card.
7. A copy of Kenya Revenue Authority Personal identification Number(KRA PIN).
Application and Deadline
Interested and Qualified candidates are requested to make their application online through the Teachers Service website using the link https://hrmis.tsc.go.ke/app/login
N/B:Manual applications will not be be considered!